Aviation Engineering and Design
Technology has driven many of the changes seen by the aviation industry and is at the forefront of decision making when it comes to operational and strategic decision making.
We believe the biggest challenges facing the aviation industry can be solved in part via several technological initiatives, which provide efficient and comparatively low-cost, low-carbon solutions, such as 3D visualisation and data modelling tools.
Our approach is to review the technology and digital infrastructure landscape both inside the airport and interfacing with it. This enables us to identify opportunities to harmonise and consolidate existing solutions and then suggest emerging technologies to meet the ever-changing needs of the aviation environment.
Our engineering and design services include:
- Transport planning
- Airside civil engineering solutions
- Landside civil engineering solutions
- Terminal layouts
- Architectural solutions including space planning
- Advice on terminal commercial opportunities
- Structural engineering solutions
- Specialist pavement engineering
- Tunnels equipment design
- Building services design
- Environmental assessment (in the context of the overall airport or terminal specific construction and operation)
- Specialist acoustics and air quality measurement and assessment
Aviation Project & Cost Management
Project and cost management is more than adhering to a critical path and managing the money, it is about understanding the complexities involved in moving a project from concept to reality; managing various stakeholders, maintaining momentum, juggling priorities, and sticking to a plan whilst maintaining flexibility to find successful work arounds where you need to.
- Project management
- Cost management
- Audit function
- Project controls
- Document controls
Capacity Building, Upskill and Skill Transfer
CSH will organize the transfer of skills and knowledge to build and develop the Host Nation’s human capital and enhance its added value.
Capacity-building is defined as the process of developing and strengthening the skills, instincts, abilities, processes and resources that organizations and communities need to survive, adapt, and thrive in a fast-changing world. An essential ingredient in capacity-building is transformation that is generated and sustained over time from within; transformation of this kind goes beyond performing tasks to changing mindsets and attitudes.
- Identify the skills that are relevant to the transfer process – and the people who hold them.
- Prioritize the skills to be covered by the transfer plan, for example by using a criticality table.
- Organize the transfer of skills using a precise methodology.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the transfer of knowledge.
- Train the skill holder to help him/her to transfer knowledge to the learner in the best possible way.
Aviation Environmental, Health & Safety
Our Environmental and Health & Safety consultancy teams support our clients through a variety of services, including:
- Technical evaluation and calculation using the most recent carbon estimation tools to understand an airport or company’s CO2 associated with its operation
- Advising on science-based targets to meet the net zero ambitions
- Working with airlines and airports to recommend and design energy saving technologies and initiatives that can help reduce emissions
- Develop net zero roadmaps to provide a clear strategy integrating science-based targets and realistic measures which can support target achievement
- Principal designer and other health & safety